Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friends Of Scouting

It's that time of year again where the volunteers go out and solicit for funding for the world's oldest youth movement. Friends of scouting is upon us and the program cannot survive without the additional funding from families and the corporate world.
Now I am not the expert on raising money for a program but we should eliminate the bells,whistles, and gimmicks that really serve no real purpose in raising money for the scouting program.
I was going to do the Indiana Jones themed speech but decided to speak about the program and the benefits I received as a scout and now as a scouter.
The results were the same, pledges were made and the goal was met twice over.
Does the themed speech really need to be used?
I don't think so as long as the donations roll in then it is a win/win situation.
So now my first presentation for the year is over and with that, I have the knowledge that one unit had made a difference in securing funds for the scout program for Voyageur District.
Let's all pitch in and do whatever we can to make sure scouting is around for another 100 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment