Friday, March 13, 2009

The Gourmet Side of Scouting


As a Commissioner for Voyageur District, I get the luxury of visiting several boy scout units that I service and I often will visit some of those units attending camp at one of our many Council camps. Usually the visitations often come with an unplanned meal.
At least I never plan on eating.
One particular unit that I am especially fond of is Troop 1002, my son's own unit, and I went and spent the day visiting them on their winter camp and of course, a meal was provided.

The meal: BBQ pork ribs, tossed salad, and baked beans made from scratch, and death by chocolate, double fudge brownies.
Had I showed up for breakfast that morning I would have had creme brulee french toast with carmel sauce.

Evening snacks are common with the usual cobbler in a dutch oven, cookies baked in a cardboard box oven and accompanied with banana and/or zucchini bread... sometimes a black forest cake.


Sm ores and banana boats are too basic.






What ever happened to beanie weenies?


No comments:

Post a Comment