Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Hate Sprinter!

This is the time of year that I dislike the most...Sprinter.
You know the the time where Mother Nature gives you a taste of 40-50' weather one day and a snowstorm the next.
This is the time where the snow looks dirty, the ground is soggy and you can not get comfortable camping in the great outdoors should you find yourself in wet clothes (which is always as the snow is melting).
Sprinter is a good time to take stock in your camping gear though.
I use this time to check out the condition of my sleeping bag, back pack, mess kit, camp stoves, season the dutch ovens and get things ready for the warmer months of camping.
I also take time to clean and oil my fishing reels and I put new line on the spools.
The last thing you want to do is lose a lunker on opening day because the line quality was poor.
While Sprinter is here, I like to shop the sporting goods department for the latest of new and improved camp gear.
Hobnob with the pros. and find out where the best places are to camp and fish.
Trouble is the best places to camp are always at your favorite scout camp and even though the fishing may not be the greatest, the camp is always haunted.
So let's get on with Sprinter and bring on Summer...I feel a jackalope hunt coming on and I am going on the hunt this time with my new GPS unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment