Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks

Times are tough, lousy politicians, work is not going well, the weather stinks, etc.
I have heard them all and mostly while at work.
Thanksgiving is right aroud the corner and I thought that this would be a great time for me to tell you what I am thankful for:
  1. God.
  2. My Family and friends that are close to me.
  3. The Freedoms that I enjoy which were paid for by those serving in the military and by our ancestors that helped pave the way for an easier life.
  4. The BSA (Boy Scouts of America) and all of my scouting brothers and sisters throughout the world.
  5. My health.
  6. Being able to work.
  7. Having a home.
  8. The readers of this blog post and the listeners of Scouting Radio.
  9. Being able to write scouting articles for "The Examiner."
  10. Bad weather (which reminds me to appreciate the good weather days).
Yes, times are tough but things could certainly be a lot worse.
Just ask the Koreans now shooting at each other.
This is a time for us to come together and be thankful for what we have.
A time for sharing and caring.
A time for peace.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment