Monday, September 6, 2010

5 Days to Webelos Woods 2010

Labor Day, now marks 5 days away from the Webelos Woods event that I have spent months to plan with my scout friends Shawn Cleary, Bob Hawkins, and Pat Laes.
 The event, which will be held on Sat. Sept. 11, will host Webelos scouts participating in a wide variety of events for Naturalist, Outdoorsman, Forester, and Readyman as well as allow them to learn about cooking over the campfire in a mock boy scout camp setting.
 The preparations are in place and the staff were selected and all that will be working are, what I call the "A" listers of the District," and each member offers their personal touch to the program which will guarantee a quality program for the event.
  Things are set to go, and although being extremely nervous, I want this event to be over.
  The anticipation is like being a child again and waiting Christmas Day with presents around the tree and it's only June.
  It is tough to wait it out.
  This year's event will work out and the boys should gain a lot of information but still it's the wait that is killing me.
 I would like to thank the staff that has agreed to step up and help at this event as this would never even fly had it not been for your dedication.
Thanks for everything in advance (in case I should forget on Sat.).

No comments:

Post a Comment