Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thank you

This coming Tuesday is the Council awards dinner and I would like to take this time to thank all of the scouting brothers and sisters that have made a significant impact upon my life as well as my Scouting career.
None of this could have happened without you being in my life.
In 1976, I would have never guessed that I would be receiving my Eagle and I would have never thought that I would have a blog post, talk and present ideas on Scouting Radio, meet Scouts and Scouters all over the world or write articles on Scouting for The Examiner.
I would like to thank God for the gifts you have given me.
Lord Baden Powell for the opportunity to be a part of the Scouting movement for without you; there would be no scouting movement.
I especially wish to thank those of you. and you know who you are, for pushing me to continue to work on a Webelos outdoors event and helping to make Webelos Woods 2010 a success!
Special thanks to all of the Aussie Scouters that I have met and treasure as friends and family.
Thank you Justin and Simon for the opportunities you have also given me.
Thank you Camp Bear Paw and former director Joe Baye for allowing me to receive my Eagle at camp when my troop folded before I could have a court of honor.
I am sure glad that the medal wasn't mailed to me and that it was you Joe that forced me to have the presentation there.
There are several people within Bay-Lakes Council that have made an impact on my life and I cannot mention you all by name for fear that I might leave someone out of the list and that list would go on and on.
Thanks to Shawn for allowing me to talk with Cliff Jacobson on your podcast and thanks Cliff Jacobson for allowing me to ask some "bee poking questions."
Thank you Colin Walker for your contributions to Scouting and the information and advice you have given me on and off the air.
Special thanks to the Honorable Michael Baden Powell for allowing me the opportunity to help raise funds for the Jam Roll.
Thank you Neil Walker and Jim Fournier for allowing me to broadcast live at Bear Paw to showcase summer camp and the Maple Syrup Weekend events. 32 countries now know about Camp Bear Paw.
Thank you Tarek y Azziz and everyone connected with Scout Friends Internationale, Scouting 4 Peace, and the Tzofim.
Thanks to John Nelson and the Wateringbury Scout group for coming to Wisconsin and allowing me to goof off with you at camp!
And last, but not least, I would like to thank my family for their support.



No comments:

Post a Comment